Welcome to the Poker Strategy page! On this page, you will find out how to play no limit Texas Holdem poker. This page will continuously be developed by me and is intended to be a central location for all of my poker strategy posts. In the end, it will be a complete list of everything you need to know to crush almost any small stakes poker game you can find!
- 4 Guaranteed ways to get good at poker fast
- How to table select
- What poker tools do I need before playing a session?
- Which type of poker games should I play? Full Ring, 6-max, or HU?
- How can I stay ahead of the curve?
- Which site should I play at?
- Which sites can Americans play on?
- Is online poker legal?
- Which poker site has the best deposit bonus?
- Which poker site has the best rakeback and rewards?
- Learning poker lingo and terminology
- How does the poker site make money?
- How do people make money with poker?
- Typical online opponent types
- Typical live opponent types
- Is it possible to read opponents?
- Calculating odds.
- Card counting
- Why am I betting?
- The 3 Levels of Thinking
Cash Game Strategy
- Why should I play cash games?
- Which limit should I play?
- What is bankroll management?
- How much money can I make playing poker cash games?
- Adjustments between live and online poker
- Adjustments between full ring and 6-max cash games
- Why do we raise preflop?
- Pre-flop raising hand chart
- Pre-flop calling hand chart
- Why hand charts can be bad
- The 4 Biggest Pre-Flop Raising Pitfalls in Online Poker
- When to 3-bet?
- When to 4-bet?
- Playing out of the blinds
- How to steal the blinds properly
- What should my opening raise size be?
- Why limping is bad
- Spots we should limp
- When to isolate preflop
- How to play pairs.
- How to play suited connectors
- How to play big cards
- How your pre-flop range should determine your post-flop play
- How to read poker hands
- When should I check/raise?
- When should I bluff raise?
- What is floating and when should I do it?
- The theory of continuation betting
- What boards should I continuation bet on?
- What size should I make my bet?
- How to exploit villain types
Other Poker Tips
- Always putting yourself in the most +EV situation
- The advantages of working out for poker players
- Should I play poker professionally?
- Living the poker lifestyle
- Creating a poker schedule
- Live poker etiquette
- Eliminating distractions
- How to become the best player possible
Did I Miss Anything?
This is by no means a complete list, but a work in progress (possibly forever?) so expect it to be continuously added on to. If you feel I have forgotten anything or left anything out, please let me know!
Beat the Micros in 2012
Sign up to get the FREE course sent to your email!
You will get a the complete course which includes all you need to know to beat the micro stakes in 2012. The best part is it is FREE!